Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and ChristianaCare are joining together to provide state-of-the-art advanced delivery services for the area’s families.
The Nemours & ChristianaCare Advanced Delivery Program will be for healthy expectant mothers whose unborn babies need immediate and complex care after delivery.
Our program brings together obstetricians (OBs), maternal-fetal medicine specialists (MFMs) and perinatal experts from both Nemours and ChristianaCare to prepare and plan for the care of moms and babies. When it’s time to deliver, the Advanced Delivery team will oversee the care for both mom and baby at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children. Together we want to improve the experience for pregnant mothers and the outcomes for their babies with critical congenital abnormalities (serious problems with the baby diagnosed in the womb).
Advanced Delivery Services We Offer
Our services include:
- complete, coordinated care from pediatric surgical and medical subspecialists during pregnancy, delivery and beyond
- maternal care and delivery from a highly experienced team of ChristianaCare OBs, obstetric anesthesiologists and labor/delivery/postpartum nurses
- scheduled inductions of labor and C-section deliveries
- newborn stabilization, including immediate care for babies with cardiac (heart) problems and, if needed, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), which temporarily acts as the baby’s heart and lungs
Why Choose Us
Working with OBs and MFMs, our goal is to provide a seamless, team-based approach to care, which includes:
- a smooth process for sharing how mothers are doing throughout their pregnancy
- regular communication to ensure a safe and consistent birth plan
- neonatologists experienced in caring for newborns before and after surgery
- pediatric surgical expertise with newborns who need emergency surgery
- outstanding cardiac care, with Nemours Cardiac Center surgical outcomes that have earned a three-star (highest) rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) Center of Excellence, with extensive